Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Can I publish an email sent to me on a bulletin board?

Can I publish an email sent to me on a bulletin board where access is given to other than the original recipients of the email.


Does the author own a copyright to his email
Can I publish an email sent to me on a bulletin board?
In general, the author of a message retains a copyright to that message. Permitting that message to be shared on a bulletin board does not in general put it in the public domain. If the bulletin board messages are publicly archived, you can possibly argue fair use. If the board is restricted, then you're on shaky legal ground in making a semi-private communication public.





However, the actual legal rights involved in all this have not been much explored, and to a large extent it becomes a matter of what you can get away with. If publication of the email is unwelcome to its author, or apt to be considered a hostile act, then you could get sued. If you're sure no one will mind, go ahead. If the author is someone you're still in contact with, it's good form to ask permission.
Reply:yea u can do that

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

email me Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting